Away Creating Content

Wednesday, July 9, 2014


It has been rather quiet here. I have no excuses. I've been busy living life. Last week I had the amazing opportunity to merge my academic interests and my love for blogging. I facilitated a week long training on youth advocacy. I presented a session on 'Storytelling and Social Media Advocacy' which was by far the most rewarding presentation I have ever delivered. My career seems to have started carving a path of its own and I could not be more thankful or more humbled. Instead of trying to maintain my usual posting schedule I've allowed myself the room to live and experience these moments. I'm creating content, with so much to share and talk about, sadly I'm not able to get things out as quickly as they happen. So rather than compromise the quality of my posts for the sake of regular posting, I'm being kind to myself.  I hope you can remain patient with me while my family and I adjust to all the changes in our lives (all professional lovelies, no pregnancy announcement here). 

I'm also using this time to focus on you and reconnect with my blog friends and engage with your content. I'm slowly doing the rounds, it might take me a while to get to you, but I will. If there's anything in particular you want me to see, please don't be shy and let me know. You would be doing me a huge favour. I'm still all over social media, so this isn't goodbye, nor is it see you in a while. It's just a friend saying, don't worry about me, I have a few things to take care of but I am still here. 

Much love and gratitude, always.
Vanisha 

9 comments:

  1. This conferences has sounded so interesting, I'm hoping we get to hear more about it. Also- good for you allowing yourself that time and for choosing quality and connection over quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and honest post! Good for you, self care is mightily important. Take all the time you need, and we'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your work project on Instagram. It sounds so fascinating. You can be really proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you being kind on yourself. Keep doing it lovely lady! xS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all need to do this now and again. I just had nearly three months off blogging and rather enjoyed it, but now ready to engage more. I think I was overdoing things before.

    www.myfamilyandabruzzo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely understand, being in the middle of experiencing something similar. So much so that only now did I have the chance to catch up with this post! I'm happy you are out there, living life and gathering experiences. In sure you'll turn them into great content!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes you have to take a step back and actually live your life instead of writing about it. I was thinking today actually about planning for life and whether you can or does life plan for you. You may not have planned the career that you are carving but it doesn't make it nonetheless exciting or worthwhile. Things happen for a reason and at the strangest times. I applied for my job and found out there was already another final candidate for the job but my Cv dropped in the inbox just in time. As I said, we can plan for life, be organised and map a route, but really, life has it's own ideas and things can change in an instant. I would usually feel out of my comfort zone with this, but moving to Dubai has boosted my confidence no end and I feel happy, something which has been missing for a while. So I guess letting life take the lead isn't always bad. You write wonderfully and I relish my little Vanisha catch ups. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vanisha, I just finished a little break on my own blog too (www.eatprayworkout.com). You do need time to enjoy moments without thinking - how could I blog about this? or when will I get time to write that post? I found myself writing without love and enjoyment in my posts and also just needed time to look after myself. I've just discovered your blog and I'm really enjoying it so far! Love Amy x

    ReplyDelete

The comments you leave on my blog are as great as getting letters in the mail. Thank You! I do ask that you not spam me with "follow me and I'll follow back" comments.

 

© Vanisha: A Life Un-Styled All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger