The beginning of the year is an exciting time in our home, it's usually when a lot of our trips get planned and booked. With people planning their year and setting goals, a travel related post is just perfect. Today, I have Kayleigh from The Way I Wanderlust over sharing her love for travel. Kayleigh is on a journey of travel and exploration, and her first stop is Australia (I went back and read her very first post!) Without further ado - Kayleigh...
Billabong Sanctuary Townsville
Hi my name is Kayleigh and I blog over at The Way I Wanderlust. I am a lover of coffee, wine and books. I blog about my life, travels and trying to make my mark on the world.
I am going to be talking about why I love to travel.
1) The feeling of freedom. There is nothing more freeing then selling/giving away everything you own except what will fit in your backpack. I have now down this twice. The first time I went to Europe for 13 months and this time it was so the beau and I could move to Australia and travel around. It is the greatest freedom to not have to worry about bills, car payments or mortgages and just get to live. I have figured out pretty quickly that there is very little in the world that I need to make myself a happy person.
2) The rush. I love when I get a new destination in mind that i want to travel to. Its all I can think about once the process starts. The planning and researching and general excitement that comes with taking a trip somewhere. To experience different cultures and all the history that so many places offer is amazing.
3) The people you meet. I have met a lot of amazing people on my travels and have stayed very close friends with most of them. Thank you Facebook. I relate to this people and have a ton in common with them. Its exciting to commit to meeting up in different Countries to catch up with each other.
4) Learning about yourself. When I took off to Europe for 13 months I was 22. I had just broken up with my boyfriend of 4 years, quit my job and sold everything to be able to move away. I had no idea what I was doing other then I just needed a massive change to shake things up in my life. I really discovered who I was, what I wanted out of life and how I was going to accomplish those goals. I grew into myself I guess you could say. That trip was the best thing I could have ever done.
5) Memories. To me the best thing in life you can buy are memories. They last you a lifetime. I love taking pictures of all the places I have been. When I am having a bad day I look back through all those pictures and remind myself just how lucky I am to have been to all these wonderful destinations.
Thanks for reading my post today and if you would like to follow along with my current adventures feel free to visit my blog.
I hope you're all intrigued to read more about Kayleigh's adventures. She has one of the most lovely blog designs I've seen in a while. I'm really hoping we can have a blogger meet up whilst she's still in Australia! If you have a minute please pop over and say hi to this fairly new blogger. You can also find her on facebook here. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on travel Kayleigh!