Why I Love To Travel

Wednesday, January 16, 2013



The beginning of the year is an exciting time in our home, it's usually when a lot of our trips get planned and booked. With people planning their year and setting goals, a travel related post is just perfect. Today, I have Kayleigh from The Way I Wanderlust over sharing her love for travel. Kayleigh is on a journey of travel and exploration, and her first stop is Australia (I went back and read her very first post!) Without further ado - Kayleigh... 

Billabong Sanctuary Townsville

Hi my name is Kayleigh and I blog over at The Way I Wanderlust. I am a lover of coffee, wine and books. I blog about my life, travels and trying to make my mark on the world.

I am going to be talking about why I love to travel.

1) The feeling of freedom. There is nothing more freeing then selling/giving away everything you own except what will fit in your backpack. I have now down this twice. The first time I went to Europe for 13 months and this time it was so the beau and I could move to Australia and travel around. It is the greatest freedom to not have to worry about bills, car payments or mortgages and just get to live. I have figured out pretty quickly that there is very little in the world that I need to make myself a happy person.


2) The rush. I love when I get a new destination in mind that i want to travel to. Its all I can think about once the process starts. The planning and researching and general excitement that comes with taking a trip somewhere. To experience different cultures and all the history that so many places offer is amazing.

3) The people you meet. I have met a lot of amazing people on my travels and have stayed very close friends with most of them. Thank you Facebook. I relate to this people and have a ton in common with them. Its exciting to commit to meeting up in different Countries to catch up with each other.

4) Learning about yourself. When I took off to Europe for 13 months I was 22. I had just broken up with my boyfriend of 4 years, quit my job and sold everything to be able to move away. I had no idea what I was doing other then I just needed a massive change to shake things up in my life. I really discovered who I was, what I wanted out of life and how I was going to accomplish those goals. I grew into myself I guess you could say. That trip was the best thing I could have ever done.

Magnetic Island

5) Memories. To me the best thing in life you can buy are memories. They last you a lifetime. I love taking pictures of all the places I have been. When I am having a bad day I look back through all those pictures and remind myself just how lucky I am to have been to all these wonderful destinations.

Thanks for reading my post today and if you would like to follow along with my current adventures feel free to visit my blog.

---

I hope you're all intrigued to read more about Kayleigh's adventures. She has one of the most lovely blog designs I've seen in a while. I'm really hoping we can have a blogger meet up whilst she's still in Australia! If you have a minute please pop over and say hi to this fairly new blogger. You can also find her on facebook hereThank you so much for sharing your thoughts on travel Kayleigh!

12 comments:

  1. Aw what a lovely sponsor to host! Great pic, Vanisha! I'll be reading more of her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Kayleigh for this wonderful travel inspired post, I fully agree with all her great reasons to globe-hop, especially, meeting new people and number 2, experiencing history and culture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting insights to why people travel around the world. I'm not quite sure that i can sum up the courage to sell everything and travel to another country for a year or so. But i certainly do love the rush and excitement that comes from travelling

    xo Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travel is my passion and I agree with all the points made here. The New Year is always a good time to plan the trips for the coming months. I'll pop over to Kayleigh's blog to read more!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS Delighted to be your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we too are in New Year Travel Planning mode. It's exciting, we're going back and forth between 3 options. I enjoyed this post, thank you Kayleigh. I adore packing my carry on suitcase and taking adventures with my husband too! I do hope you get to Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road this year - they are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to do this, but the uncertainty of it scares me to death! How do you live, survive, when you've sold everything you own and leave for a new country all on your own with no income?!? Will definitely be heading Kayleigh's way to check out her blog and hopefully get a better understanding of this! So neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the girl has guts, huh? I dream about taking off to Europe but not sure I'd have the guts to do it much less alone at 22! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely post! Thanks for sharing! I love making memories when I travel. You will never forget these things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing better job then travel, it will makes you bold, dare and encouraging guys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Abija); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps
    for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him here as +447053820826 or spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Thanks for sharing this info.

    Travel

    ReplyDelete

The comments you leave on my blog are as great as getting letters in the mail. Thank You! I do ask that you not spam me with "follow me and I'll follow back" comments.

 

© Vanisha: A Life Un-Styled All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger